PLAN YOUR VISIT
Accessibility Information for People with Disabilities
Boston Winter 2017 is now open! We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience for all our visitors. Guests with disabilities will have full access throughout Boston Winter 2017, including in the Holiday Shopping Market and on the Skating Path. Please see below for more information.
Boston Winter 2017:
- All entrances and exits to Boston Winter 2017 are fully accessible
- The main structures inside the event are ADA compliant, including Santa’s House, the Harpoon Castle, and Vinopolis
- The Boston Winter Information Booth is located at right side of the event entrance (chalet #1 on the map), with information on accessibility
- Staff and vendors have been trained in accessibility information and are available to assist people with disabilities
Holiday Shopping Market:
The Holiday Shopping Market is made up of individual “chalets” shops that are staffed by local vendors selling clothing and other goods. The chalets have a small step up to the entrance, which may pose a barrier to some people with mobility impairments. Accommodations for guests with disabilities include:
- Vendors are available to bring food and merchandise outside of the Chalets to customers.
- Portable ramps are available upon request to assist customers getting inside the Chalets.
- To request a portable ramp, customers can ask vendors, event staff, or call 617-590-4935
- Click here for a map of the Holiday Shopping Market chalets with portable ramp locations.
- All attendees at Boston Winter 2017 are welcome to skate on the ice path, including those with disabilities
- The ice skating path and the skate rental area are fully accessible
- Adaptive Sleds are available inside the skate rental area for people with disabilities
- There are accessible restrooms located within each section of port-a-potties
- There are signs indicating accessible restrooms throughout the event
- Locations of the accessible restrooms are highlighted on the attached map
- Boston Winter 2017 is located steps from the MBTA Government Center Station on the Green Line. This station is fully ADA compliant
- Parking is available in several garages close to Boston Winter 2017 on City Hall Plaza
- Public parking is extremely limited. There are accessible HP Parking Spaces on New Sudbury Street adjacent to City Hall Plaza
Is the site free to the public?
- Yes, City Hall Plaza is free and open to the public. However, some events, concerts and festivals require tickets or reservations, so please visit the event calendar and the specific event site for information on associated costs and details.
What is the closest MBTA stop?
- The closest stop is Government Center on the Green and Blue Lines which puts you directly onto City Hall Plaza. The closest Orange Line stop is Haymarket which is across the street on Congress Street.
Where is the closest parking?
- There are several parking garages in the vicinity, including Government Center Garage and Faneuil Hall.